1. Visit fifty new places
- BB Bakery
- Tate Modern
- National Gallery, London
- National Portrait Gallery, London
- The Roundtable
- Novello Theatre
- The Roadhouse
- Village East, London
- Paesan, London
- The Delaunay
- Anjoy Kitchen
- Wildwood, London
- The Chalet, Selfridges
- Science Museum, London
- Shaftesbury Theatre
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen
- Honest Burger
- Rooftop Cinema, Golden Bee
- Brasserie Blanc, Covent Garden
- The Vatican City
- Balthazar, London
- Jamie’s Italian, London
- Borough Market, London
- Comedy Carnival, Bar Rumba
- Madison, London
- Scoff and Banter
- Duck and Waffle
- Airth Castle spa
- Madame Tussauds, London
- Ice Bar, London
- Fifty9, Mayfair
- Village Underground
- London Film Museum
- Street Feast – Model Market, Lewisham
- Kettner’s, London
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens
- Crown and Shuttle, Shoreditch
- The Diner, Shoreditch
- Joe’s Southern Kitchen
- Tuttons, Covent Garden
- London Palladium
- Phoenix Theatre
- Sarastro, Drury Lane
- There are so many places I want to write here! The Villandry, Joe Allen’s, Corrigan’s, Phoenix Artist Club, Winter Wonderland, Sky Garden, to name a few.
2. Go on holiday
3. Learn some Italian and German
August: signed up to Italian course
December: completed beginner’s Italian!
4. Read two books a month
- January: The Restoration of Otto Laird by Nigel Packer; The Awakening of Miss Prim by Natalia Sanmartin Fenollera
- February: The Extra Ordinary Life of Frank Derrick, Aged 81 by J. B. Morrison; Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan; Wake by Anna Hope
- March: The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom; Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins; The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes by Anna McPartlin
- April: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins; The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood, Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- May: The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- June: We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach, The Versions of Us by Laura Barnett, The Last Summer of Us by Maggie Harcourt
- July: Echo Boy by Matt Haig, If I Knew You Were Going To Be This Beautiful, I Never Would Have Let You Go by Judy Chicurel, The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- August: The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen, Paper Towns by John Green, The Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb
- September: Royal Assassin and Assassin’s Quest by Robin Hobb
- October: The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness, Looking for Alaska by John Green, Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
- November: The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood, MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood
- December: A Boy Called Hope by Lara Williamson, A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig, The Confectioner’s Tale by Laura Madeleine
5. Go to a dance class
6. Learn how to make a cocktail
7. Keep a ‘happiness jar’
8. Submit a poem to a competition or magazine
May: Joined the entertainment committee at work, where we will be organising social events and charity fundraisers.
October: We have raised over £1400 so far for charity!
10. Spend less time on the computer
11. Save money every month 11. Treat myself once a month 11. Find one great free thing to do in London each month.
January: Les Misérables
March: my trip to Rome (in April)
April: a rather gorgeous handbag
May: Women on the Verge, Harry Potter Studio Tour
June: a trip home
August: Kensington Gardens
September: … I’ve been to most of the free things by now.
October: Stylist Live – not usually free, but my friend won tickets!
November: window-shopping in Covent Garden?
December: again, I won afternoon tea, does that count? Or a Christmas tree trail!
12. Eat a greater variety of food
- Quorn lasagne
- Orechiette with njuda, pancetta and cavola negro
- Vietnamense: BBQ pulled pork noodle box
- Cajun cream chicken penne
- Milhojas de escalivada and chicken chilindrón
- Spinach salads
- Pigs’ ears
- A burrito (without the beans…)
13. Gain 500 blog followers
March: now 400!
October: 491 – getting there!
December: 507. Thank you!
14. Respond to the WordPress Daily Prompt or Challenges twice a month
January: I’ll catch up later in the year!
May: Mix Tape
June: A Pre-Apocalyptic World
15. Comment on other blogs at least once a week