I cannot believe there is only one month left of 2013! One month to go, and only four goals completed in full. Two will not, unfortunately, be achievable: losing 4lb and getting work experience in London.
If we’re being cheeky about it, then it is still possible to lose 4lb. What I did not mean, though, was put on half a stone and then lose 4lb of that. Besides, it’s the run-up to Christmas, so it ain’t going to happen.
That leaves six to be achieved:
1. Read a new book every month. One left, easy.
3. Learn how to cook a three-course meal, and throw a dinner party to prove it. I really don’t know why I’ve procrastinated so long on this one. Probably because cooking is something in which I have very little interest. Note to self for next year: while self-improvement is desirable, if the goal is going to hang over my head for eleven months, maybe don’t set it.
4. Keep up this blog. I will do, but it’s not the end of the year quite yet!
5. Visit fifty new places. Getting there, but there will be a lot of socialising before the end of the year to get this finished! I’ve visited 39 new places, so need to average a new place every three days. Challenging.
8. Learn some Italian. Well, I did learn some, but I doubt I’m going to film a little video of me having a conversation in Italian now.
11. Take myself out of my comfort zone once a month. I still need to do this for December. I have an idea in mind, but I’m not sure if I have the time, so we’ll see…
13. Record something that made me happy, something that was lucky, or something that I’m grateful for every day. I’m not good at keeping to things that require me to act every day, and I haven’t managed to write down something every single day for… yeah, probably ten months. I think this is a nice idea, and I always think of the day’s best things before going to sleep, but I’m hoping I’ve recorded enough of the good stuff in this blog so I can look back and feel happy/lucky/grateful all over again. Although they say it only takes 21 days to create a habit, so I still have time to make this one before the year is out!
Well, it’s going to be a busy month! Luckily I’m almost sorted with my Christmas shopping already. I’m part of two Secret Santas, and I have one of the presents still to buy, but she’s one of my best friends so it’s going to be easy enough. I haven’t bought mum’s, but I know I’m at least getting her a couple of eyeshadow colours she keeps borrowing from me. And I don’t have my sister’s, but she likes a lot of stuff so it’ll be fine. Actually, that means I’ve only bought dad’s and the other Secret Santa, which isn’t even halfway there. Oh well, still better organised than some years!
I’ve also been buying some presents for myself (retail therapy is very much a thing) and I’ll be showing them off in a post later this week. I needed a new dress for the work Christmas party, and I got a couple of Christmas jumpers for all my festive outings, as well as a new coat (or four, to try).
The bank balance might be taking a hit (good thing I never stuck to that original goal of recording everything I spent), but I’m loving December already!
Hope you’re all doing well!