Thursday lunchtime! That means it is almost the weekend. (Right?!)
I was very chuffed to be nominated for three blog awards recently. Well, I thought they were all fairly recent, until I checked Charlene’s blog and saw that she did her One Lovely Blog post back in February! Where has the time gone?! Then last month (at least that was only a matter of days ago) Miss B and Stronger Now nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award, which is awesome. Thank you, you three!
These things always take me longer than they should (three months, anyone?) so here are seven things about me in response to all three. (I’m not sure I would have had 21 things to say about myself otherwise.)
1. I kind of love the accordion. Whenever I hear it, it makes me feel like I’m abroad.
2. When Newsround announced the casting call for Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter films, I applied. I’m still disappointed I didn’t get it.
3. Sitting reading poetry aloud makes me happy, even if I sound like a weirdo. I had a completely unbalanced final year, with too many classes in the first semester, because I wanted to take all the poetry classes.
4. There are four sections to the pinkie on my right hand.
5. I eat raspberries in even numbers, but the TV volume should be on odd numbers (and I have favourites amongst those).
6. I love the racing driver Sebastian Vettel, and started learning German to improve my chance of marrying him. Because obviously that was the biggest obstacle.
7. I always carry an umbrella. Doesn’t matter if it’s 30 degrees outside, I am Scottish. We know all about four seasons in a day.
And now to share the love! These blogs are brilliant because:
Becky is hilarious, and Stickman is real, OK?
This site makes me happy, which is the whole point.
Liz is hilarious. (This will be a common theme.) I found her through her Freshly Pressed post, ‘Am I Too Young To Be So Bitter?’ Let’s just say it spoke to me.
Wendi is hilarious. Zooey Deschanel shared an article she wrote for Hello Giggles, so you know she’s good.
Faith is a brilliant writer, and I really like her ‘Nobody Regrets…’ series.
You will always find something to read on this extensive book and lifestyle blog by Jenny.
There are topical pieces on female expectations, relationships, and the pressure from advertising, among others.
Suzie writes about a massive variety of topics, from reflections on more personal matters to subjects like Eurovision.
Charlene is just lovely, and her ‘Feel Good Friday’ feature always does what it says on the tin! I also liked ‘Growing Older in TV Quotes’.
These are some of my favourite blogs – check them out for funny, uplifting, interesting posts! (And thank you for reading mine!)